New posts are up at Healthline.com and the Arthritis Ashley blog.
See my Healthline articles, below … and, just for fun, a few recent Timehop pictures from past magazine spots, events, and TV appearances … and my tweet from Oprah a few years back!
- Xeljanz: A Blessing or a Curse for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients? Xeljanz, approved by the FDA in 2012, is a first-in-class drug to treat rheumatoid arthritis. But is it safe?
- World Arthritis Day Unites Patients and Caregivers of All Ages Did you know there are more than 100 types of arthritis? Organizations around the world are spreading this and other facts about this common but under-recognized disease.
- $6 Million Research Partnership to Focus on New Drugs for RA, Lupus The National Institutes of Health — the government body that awards grants for basic science research — has given $6 million to a network of researchers from drug companies and nonprofits who are testing new drug candidates for RA and lupus.
- Go Ahead, Try Massage Therapy for RA Joint Pain Could a massage a day keep arthritis pain and stiffness away?
- Could Medical Marijuana Ease Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis? As states move to legalize marijuana for medical use, researchers are exploring whether it might help relieve the symptoms of autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
- Have Researchers Found a Way to Halt Rheumatoid Arthritis Progression? A protein called TLR5 is over-produced in RA patients, and along with TNF-alpha, it contributes to joint inflammation and bone loss.